fall color

IMG_0580
I don't think I could ever get tired of looking at the changing leaves of the maple in our front yard, especially on a beautiful sunny day. The quality of the light coming through those golden leaves is just amazing. And laying in the hammock with my camera pointed toward the blazing canopy was just what I needed the other day when I was about to lose it during a stressed-out mommy moment.

IMG_0584
Instead of opening my mouth and letting a bunch of ugly words come out (which wouldn't have done any good anyway since the teachable moment had long since passed...) I just grabbed Sally and headed out the front door for some photographic therapy. To their credit, just looking at the beautiful leaves themselves would probably have had a similar effect. But there is something about capturing those colors and shadows with a camera that gives me the surge of satisfaction that calms my nerves and helps me get in control of myself once again.

IMG_0583

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, the pictures of the trees in your front yard are beautiful. Isn't Mother Nature wonderful?! Even here in Little Elm, TX we are seeing seasonal changes that were not as noticeable as what I saw in Houston. Talked to your folks today & they are looking forward to seeing you this weekend! Have fun and enjoy their visit! Love your postings!!! Love you, Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have folders full of pictures of fall leaves (and spring flowers). I love the changing of the seasons especially the fall light toward the evening. Ophelia does have a blog but has been less active than I have but i'll try to encourage her to post more. It is at http://igotchills.blogspot.com/ I just looked and she's posted like twice this year :) oh well.
    Glad to see you have an instant way to calm down. I should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think of all the great excersize we get IF we want to rake them all... (good compost). I get my excersize by riding the mower around with the bagger on--- it vacuums up about 99% of them! Great photos, Jen--- but then, that's easy for you. See y'all in a few days. Love, Dad/Grandpa

    ReplyDelete