bluebirds of happiness

IMG_3640
My friend Rachel (who says she isn't very crafty but is NOT fooling anyone...) knitted this ridiculously cute bluebird and gave it to me at Hazel's birthday party. It is filled with split peas so it has a nice weight to it and sits nicely in my kitchen window.

IMG_3643
Yes. Those are Christmas lights on our deck railing. But we have now taken to calling them "party lights" and are embracing their ongoing presence fully.

IMG_3636
And- bonus! It looks lovely with the glass Bluebird of Happiness I was given by my friend Shannon at Christmas. Now I have a little reminder of each of them there in my window to greet me every day.

IMG_3942

3 comments:

  1. That is AWESOME!! Way to go Rachel (closet crafter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so, so cute! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Go Rachel Go. Now I'm inspired to knit some sort of small creature. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete