flowers on the cheap

IMG_4189
I used a $2 off coupon to pick up this flower bouquet at the grocery store for $13.

IMG_4187
Then I separated all the flowers out and made 4 smaller arrangements to place around our house. They are so bright and cheery! I did add a few clippings from a dark green shrub in our yard to fill in with. But I think 4 vases of flowers for $13 is pretty great! I probably could have gotten 5 or even 6 if I wanted to stick with the smaller vases too.

IMG_4192
So now we have some in the front entry, along with a camellia blossom from the yard...

IMG_4196
another little bunch in the bathroom...

IMG_4197

IMG_4201
and the largest one in the kitchen window. The other tiny vase is also in the kitchen window but I might move it somewhere else. I usually move flowers around and pull off any wilting blossoms so that the rest still look nice and last longer.

IMG_4200
Having fresh flowers around the house really goes a long way for us- it makes us smile, adds color to our lives, and encourages us to keep clutter off the surfaces because the flowers look so pretty there. Pick some up the next time you get a chance, and spread them through the house! It will be a gift to yourself and your family.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh they are really beautiful! Loving them in the teapot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the bright yellow and the great variety of flowers ;-) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! A little color goes a long way. I picked up a bunch of daffodils at the grocery store a couple of weeks ago and the bright yellow burst of color was delightful. I just had to spread the simple joy and ended up giving bunches to my neighbor who was moving, and to my friend whose dog was sick. Two bunches for three bucks, you can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete