sandbox

These are long overdue, but I wanted to share the photos from the day we put the first load of sand in the completed sandbox. We still need to tidy up the area in the background- most of that stuff will be moving out and we'll plant some flowers or something, but the sandbox itself is all finished!

IMG_4612
Toy boxes all finished with kid-safe hinges that won't slam on their fingers.


IMG_4619

IMG_4616
Playing in the sand while it was still in the truck!


IMG_4644
Hazel helped Grandpa steer the wagon full of sand down the hill to our back yard.


IMG_4622
Dumping the sand in, and discovering the stash of new sand toys we had hidden underneath!

IMG_4623

IMG_4628
The kids got busy playing right away, while Grandpa made more trips with the wagon. I didn't get in on the hauling much during the first load, but I did the whole second load myself the following week- and I had the sore shoulders from shoveling sand to prove it!


IMG_4632

IMG_4640

IMG_4652

IMG_4641
Daisy even practiced her Zen Garden techniques a little.


Everything turned out so great- just how we had pictured. My dad really did an excellent job on the construction, as always. All the wood is so smooth and the toy boxes/bench are really nice. I am sure this will bring many years of entertainment for the kids. Thanks, Grandpa!!!

4 comments:

  1. Would love to see all the pictures...only a couple came through. The others said they were unavailable. Looks like Grandpa did a great job. Love you, Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it took me so long to get those fixed! Hopefully everyone can see them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfection! I want to play in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, where are you???
    Miss you bunches!

    ReplyDelete