a few of my favorite things

There are several items around my house that I hold very near and dear to my heart for one reason or another, and I've been thinking I would blog about them a little at a time. So here goes.

These are some Pyrex bowls that I got from Jason's MawMaw when she & PawPaw moved out of their house in Toccoa, and needed to downsize their stuff. I love these bowls so much- not only because they are incredibly useful due to their size and the pour-spouts on the sides, but also because I can remember her using them when she fixed Sunday lunch for all of us at her house. There was always macaroni and cheese in the small green bowl :)

At our house, I use the small bowl almost daily; for beating eggs, mixing sauces, or other small/quick jobs. I use the large ones a lot too- they are the perfect size for our growing family! I do baked macaroni and cheese in them and when I make applesauce I use one of these as well. It goes striaght from the counter, catching the applesauce as it comes out of my KitchenAid, directly to the table for serving.

It gives me a lot of joy to cook with pieces I have inherited from loved ones. I could surely do the same job with something brand new, but these give us a sense of our history and make us smile every time they are used. And hopefully, they will last for a very long time and I can pass them down to my girls to use in their own kitchens one day. Thanks, MawMaw- we love you!!

1 comment:

  1. i remember maw-maw using those when i was a little girl. that's pretty cool that you have them now. you are the one that will use them the most!!
    misty

    ReplyDelete