meme

I don't usually participate in things like memes. I don't really know why they bother me, but they just do. I think my brain puts them into the same category with those annoying forwarded email messages, especially the ones that instruct you to pass them along or some horrible thing will happen. Bleh.

But it IS NaBloPoMo, and I've now been tagged twice, so I suppose I'll give it a whirl. Here we go-

The rules:

1- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4- Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


So, here are my 7 things. They will probably fall more into the "random" category than the "weird", but I'll try to make them interesting.

1. I have very hairy arms. About twice as much hair on them as my dear husband. It's not really dark, and it doesn't bother me at all, but it is long enough to comb in one direction or another. Jason's hands are also softer than mine, and he has nicer nails than me. My hands are rough and my nails are brittle with terrible cuticles.

2. I slouch. Terribly. Whenever I think of it, I make an effort to straighten up, but I always forget to stay with it and the next thing I know I am slouching again. I am probably going to be one of those old women who are completely bent over. :(

3. I cannot roll my tongue. I've heard that this is hereditary? Or at least cannot be practised/learned. So I guess I'm out of luck and just will never be able to roll my tongue.

4. I love tapioca pudding. Nobody else in my house likes it at all, so I figure this must be a weird thing! So I just make it and eat it all by myself. Mmmmmmm

5. I have a small collection of cut off ponytails. I have the one from my first short haircut, as well as each of my girls'. For Hazel and Stella, this was also their first EVER haircut! And I even have Jason's ponytail from his first short cut when he joined the Army 3 years ago. Some people (including Jason) think this is quite an odd practice, but I have always enjoyed getting them out and comparing each person's childhood hair to their current hair, and comparing the ponytails to each other.

6. I qualified as an Expert at the rifle range when I was in basic training for the Army (15 years ago!). The ridiculous part about this is that the only reason I got Expert (as opposed to Sharpshooter or Marksman) is because the drill sergeants encouraged us to memorize the location and order of the pop-up targets so that we could aim on the spot before the thing even popped up. It made them look better to have us qualify higher. So yeah, I was OK with the rifle, but really good at the memorization.

7. I have never smoked anything. Legal or otherwise, never even a single puff. Inhaling smoke on purpose has always seemed disgusting to me and I could never get past that part even to try and be "cool". I'm very thankful I never did either, because I see so many people around me struggling to quit smoking. Most people are surprised that I've never even tried it though.


There you go- not too terribly boring I suppose. I'm actually interested to see how many of you actually knew these things about me.

Since the only two people I actually know who are participating in NaBloPoMo already tagged me, I went with completely random picks that looked interesting to me from the NaBlo blogroll. I've not read more than the first post or so on each of these blogs, but I'm going to go back for more.

I tag:
mundanejane
Notes From the Cookie Jar
On The Curb
picklebums
Poppy Lane
A Grateful Flea
Four Plus Four Equals Ten

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for dropping in. I'll try to come up with some weird things about me that I haven't already shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great that we all have weird things we do that others can't understand! You are not the only Tapioca Pudding lover...Aunt Janet & I often eat it for supper or a snack. :-)
    Love you,
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, as your mother I knew MOST of those things about you. I didn't know that you had never so much as tried smoking, however! Thanks for sharing :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete