drawer fix

IMG_9299
We had some very sticky drawers in an old desk that sits in our kitchen. This desk holds our scissors, tape, charging cords for the phones, etc. and a few tools. So we go into it every single day and the sticky drawers were just bothering me. They were also a mess, so while I was cleaning them out and organizing them I took a bar of soap (Don't worry Ansley- I used one of those hotel bars! Your precious soap is too good for this project!) and rubbed it along the bottom edges of the drawer itself as well as the place on the desk where the drawers sit, and then along that middle support that the drawer track rides on.

IMG_9296
When I popped the (newly organized) drawers back into place they were able to glide in and out with ease. It is amazing what a difference it made! And then I just tucked the rest of the bar in one of the drawers so I can redo it if they ever get sticky again. I know I read this tip somewhere a long time ago but I can't even remember where- maybe Martha Stewart? Anyway, I love when there are simple, free solutions to little annoyances like this. You don't even realize how much that one little thing bothers you until you fix it and then it seems like such a joy to do.

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny Jennifer! I love the fix-it solution you came up with, I'll have to remember that!

    ReplyDelete