staying hydrated

drink water!!
As we move into warmer weather, I am trying to create some better habits in regards to drinking water. I saw an idea recently to help you remember to drink 8 glasses of water each day: put 8 pennies next to where your water glass sits, and move them over to the other side each time you empty the glass. I keep my glass right above the kitchen sink, and I decided to use plastic pirate coins left over from Stella's birthday party (They are still everywhere. Not a day goes by when I don't see those things around our house now!) because they are bigger and easier to stack, and they look cool next to my glass. This type of thing helps me so much, because I am a very visual person. There are days when I don't get them all moved over, but I know I am drinking more water than I was, so it's an improvement. I will often make myself stand there and drain the glass, just so I can move the coin over. It's funny, but it works!

For the kids, I have started filling up their water bottles with nice cold water and just putting them nearby as often as I think of it. They are much more likely to drink the water if it is right there and icy cold, and less likely to go looking for something sweet to drink.

1 comment:

  1. That's a great idea, I think I might give it a try! ^o^

    ReplyDelete