packing



I sealed 2 small boxes and one large one today. Decorative stuff and wall hangings, etc. If I do a little every day, it won't seem like so much work, right? Man, we have a lot of stuff. Fortunately there is always someone moving in or out of military neighborhoods, so boxes and packing materials are easy to come by. I was pretty amazed recently when we were at the local U-Haul place to see all the expensive packing accessories they sell (and I am assuming, people actually buy?) such as specially marked and color coded tape. Personally, I'm sticking (HA!) with the plain ol' brown stuff that the movers left behind when they packed my friend Ashlie. She collected enough extra rolls for us to do our entire move with. How's that for using the available resources to their fullest?! And I'll treat myself to one or two new Sharpies after I use up the various half-dead ones laying around the house.

Edited:
GAH! I found this and I am pretty sure I'll need to find time to make one before the Official Packing begins. Which is in 2 weeks when my parents get here. Mom will be helping me pack while Dad occupies the kids and does other odd jobs (take down clothes line, fill holes in walls, etc.) Hmmmm maybe Mom & I both will need an apron for packing... so much sewing to do, so little time...

5 comments:

  1. If we EVER move again I will by the color coded tape!!! No matter where I write kitchen on the box when it gets packed and unpacked the words are ALWAYS stacked away from me.
    If I weren't so poor I would subscribe to the MawMaw Moving Philosophy. " Give it all away and buy new."

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man i feel your pain! i thought that i hardly had anything to pack until i started boxing everything.

    ha! i love that apron!

    hey where "did you get your "i bresstfeed"? i want one for my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and now closer to being moved away... :( We'll be so sad to see you guys gone...but I'm happy you get to go somewhere new and green :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are doing this as well. It's funny because I always think to myself..."No problem. Get this packed up in a few days." Well, for instance, I'm 10 boxes deep into packing up my books. Good right? Except it looks like I didn't do anything!!!! AHHHHH!!!

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutest packing apron ever.

    We're doing the packing thing, too (how many of us are moving?!), though we're not going anywhere 'til December, but better to start now than when we're in the throws of grad school final papers!

    ReplyDelete