wrapping

IMG_2513

I posted last year that we were using pieces of fabric and cloth bags for wrapping our gifts. We love this and do not plan to ever go back to buying paper gift wrap! For us, it is a tremendous improvement- there is less waste, the gifts are still very pretty, and for many people it is like getting a bonus gift! Even if you do not sew, the fabric can be used in scrapbooking or other craft projects, or for decorating purposes. At the very least, the recipient has a creative way to wrap another gift in the future.

presents

This year, I was excited to pull out a box full of holiday printed fabric given to me by my aunt. I don't often do much sewing with holiday prints, but when I saw how much she had (and there is a lot of it!) I knew it would be perfect for wrapping our gifts this year. There was also a whole bag of thin satin ribbon which made tying the packages up a snap! What a great way to use this fabric which had been sitting in a box for years.

**Pictures and info about all the handmade goodness inside these packages will follow after Christmas!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the prints are so cute you can't hardly tell they are fabric...they look like regular Christmas wrapping. I'll have to keep my eye open for Christmas prints on sale after Christmas this year, now that I have an idea of what I can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we can't wait for Cali to see her gift! She is going to LOVE it!! We just mailed Hazel's off today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute prints! We've done this all year with birthdays. We also got a huge stash of small cloth bags and tie dyed them and that's what we're using for the small gifts this year. Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am starting this this year with the family gifts. I bought fabric at Joanns the day after Thanksgiving on sale. Pics are on my blog. There's a whole Japanese way of wrapping gifts with fabric.... love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer,
    I am so glad that you are making use of all that fabric that I gave you. I knew you would make good use of it. They look so festive.
    Happy Holidays to all of you.
    Love, Aunt Janet

    ReplyDelete