now we're cooking with gas!

gas up close

When we bought the house there was an electric stove in the kitchen. We figured we would switch over to gas as soon as we could justify replacing the (pretty nice and almost new) electric one, since I grew up cooking with gas and like it sooooo much more than electric.

Well, the stove in the downstairs apartment (Have I mentioned there is an apartment in our basement? More about that soon) was in pretty rough shape, and the new tenants were very keen to replace it before they move in next week. So we went and picked out the prettiest gas stove around (read: subscribed to Consumer Reports online, read a million and one reviews all over the internet, went to every store in town to see them in person, and finally settled on one) and they delivered it today.

gas stove

Ohhhh boy. I think I am in love. 5 burners on top, 2 ovens, convection, self clean... the whole 9 yards.

Now if I could just talk Jason into the matching refrigerator (with french doors on top, filtered water and ice in the door, freezer on bottom)...

8 comments:

  1. Woah. Stove envy.

    That sure is purty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to hear one can switch out an electric stove for a gas one...were the lines already there...or did you have to put in a gas line? Gas stove is nearly #1 on my list for home requirements next year.

    Tenants! Wow, no you haven't mention that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had to run the gas line to the kitchen, but the house already had gas for the furnace, water heater and fireplace. We are planning a line to the deck for a grill as well.

    Do you have electric in your house now? We had gas when we were at Ft. Irwin. I loved that. We actually had a pretty decent house there- aside from the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, we have gas just like you did...I mean when I'm looking at real estate at our next duty station...I want a gas stove, but when I see a listing with an electric stove, even if the rest of the house is awesome I want to cross it off my list right off the bat...good to know I don't have to be so closed off...electric stoves can be replaced...I'm so glad to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Jude said, wa-aa-ay big stove envy! We actually have a gas line behind our stove already- so what's keeping us? Money, I guess; the absolute need for a new stove. We'll definitely be going gas when this one dies...it's a Montegomery Ward for gosh sakes! How long has it been since there's been Montegomery Ward's around? Pretty good stove in the long run then probably, huh?

    So, what brand is it? Did I miss that?

    So, you'll have renters?
    - wow, didn't know that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susanna- yeah as long as there is a gas line somewhere in the house, it shouldn't be too difficult.

    Ruth- it is a GE Profile. And yeah, we spent way too much cash on it. I have some serious cooking to do in order to make it feel good and "worth it"! LOL

    ReplyDelete