cigarette fairy



This is a local anti-litter ad campaign. The billboard always makes me laugh, so I thought I'd share it with you here. I did not realize (since we do not have TV) that there were commercials too until I checked out the website- I am assuming these run on local TV channels.

The whole thing is hilarious in a cheesy sort of way, but really it is the sad truth that smokers often seem to think that they are somehow exempt from having to use proper trash receptacles. Like someone is going to just take care of it for them. I personally hate cigarette smoking but this has nothing to do with that- it is about the litter. Throwing things on the ground that belong in the trash is disgusting, rude, irresponsible, and WRONG.

I'm proud to have passed this mentality on to our kids- we pick up trash regularly when we go to parks or other public places, and we adopted a trail with some friends and clean up there monthly. The kids love the Cigarette Fairy too, and do not hesitate to point out when they see someone throwing trash on the ground. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. wooooooooo!!!! 3 cheers for the cigarette fairy!!!!

    ReplyDelete