more knitting

IMG_4299

Never fear, faithful non-knitting readers! LWG is not in danger of becoming a knit blog anytime soon. But I did have one finished project I wanted to share real quick. This is the kozy for Daisy's Klean Kanteen. I actually started this before we left California- not sure exactly when. So it was a definite UFO (unfinished object) in need of attention. These are really quite fast once you just get going and do it!

The details: I knit these from the free pattern for soda can cozies from Knitting at Knoon, with a few alterations- mainly just taller to cover the Kanteens. I used leftover bits of Knitpicks Merino Style, which I still have quite a bit of after knitting the Wild Stripes blanket for Lyle. I really like how this yarn felts up, and the bright colors are a lot of fun. Oh, and I used the Magic Loop method on size 7 needles, and then felted the heck out of it! Looking at the photo, it could almost use a bit more, but that will be accomplished whenever it needs cleaning.

Stella's rainbow kozy is still going strong, and I need to do one for Lyle now too. My friend Susanna has been making these with handles too, for a different fun variation. These are amazingly helpful for absorbing all the "sweat" from the ice water we put inside.

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't it feel great to scratch some of these UFO's off your list?! I'm horrible at felting, absolutely horrible. I think I just don't have the patience. The kids need one for their KK but I'm avoiding it like the plague :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to knit a couple of those. don't have a klean kanteen or sigg, but another metal bottle that could use a cozy to soak up the sweat (actually two) so once again you're inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete