in the market for a new favorite

IMG_7666

Lyle broke my favorite coffee cup. Just swiped it carelessly from the table with a flick of his wrist, and in one moment I went from enjoying a lovely cup of joe to picking broken pieces of pottery out of a puddle on the floor.

I've completed the mourning process now, and am ready to look for a new love. It has to be just the right size- not too big, and the handle has to fit at least 3 of my fingers and not be too thick. This one was store bought, but I think I'll go for handmade this time. And of course it must be beautiful.

I hate losing a beloved object, but I love the chance to search for a new one! I'll report back when I have been successful in my quest.

5 comments:

  1. How about one of these?

    http://www.jenniethepotter.com

    (sorry about your mug)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-(
    our friend george makes great pottery. we have several of his pieces. he lives just off the square in norcross. give us a shout if you want to make the trip. i would love to see them. oh he has a fantastic yard and can tell you all about native plants.

    connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about you have a contest to see who can find you the perfect replacement? I'd have fun keeping an eye out!

    ReplyDelete