fourteen?!

IMG_8514

Somehow I just can't believe my Daisy is fourteen today. It is amazing how quickly that time has passed by us!

IMG_8530

Jason took her out today for a lunch date instead of dinner, because there is an evening event at the library she wants to attend (have I said how awesome our teen program is at the Athens library?) and then she is having a few friends over to celebrate tomorrow night.

Jason & Daisy smile

Jason & Daisy

In these pictures she is sporting my newest creation and birthday gift to her, a skirt made from neckties. She is completely in love with it and I am sure she will wear it often. It looks great on her and twirls out to a full circle- and who doesn't love wearing something that twirly?

IMG_8538

Daisy with her tie skirt spread out

Daisy

I am so proud of the young lady Daisy is becoming- she is trustworthy, helpful, and honest, and is still very much my sweet little girl even as she heads towards becoming a woman. I enjoy very much the time I get to spend with her and love watching her try out her wings as she gains more and more independence. She is an awesome daughter, sister, and friend- a person I am thankful to have in my life. I love you, Daisy girl. Happy birthday!!

IMG_8534

11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Daisy!
    If she ever needs some time away from home she is always welcome here! : )
    Denise, Iris, and Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Daisy is one of my favorite people! I love that she is so quiet and contemplative yet so available to everyone and she is always kind. I am thankful for her in my life. Happy Birthday Daisy and Happy Birthing Day mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 14. That second to last photo of Daisy is amazing. What a lovely young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Daisy! We can't wait to see you in just a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The second to last picture is really great! And the skirt is AWESOME!!! Happy birthday, Daisy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daisy - what a beautiful young lady you are becoming! I am so proud of you :-) See you at the airport in Minneapolis in a few weeks!! Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many happy returns of the day, Daisy. I'm so proud to call you my granddaughter. Can't wait to see you in July! Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy belated Daisy.
    what a beautiful young woman.

    i love the tie skirt..... hmmm now I'm off to thrift for ties.....thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I'm off to find ties also. Great skirt. The portraits of Daisy are beautiful. You have done such an amazing job with her and all of your kids.
    Happy birthday Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pops and GrammyJune 09, 2009 12:13 AM

    Happy Birthay again Daisy! You look beautiful in each picture! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 14, really???

    that is just crazy!

    she is really beautiful - great pictures you took.

    ReplyDelete